ProRealTime
Posez toutes vos questions sur la Bourse, le fonctionnement des Marchés Financiers, des cfds à risque limité, des Futures, des Actions... Questions de débutants, toutes les questions sont les bienvenues
Répondre • Page 1 sur 1

Buying shares in Canada

par strawbale23 » 06 mai 2016 12:01

Hi,
my name is Paul and I am an anglais living and working in France since 10 years now.

Excuse me if I write in English as although I can speak and read French , writing French is not something I have succeeded in yet.

I need some advice about buying shares in a new company which are soon going to be listed on the Canadian stock exchange but I have absolutely no experience of buying shares either in France or elsewhere for that matter.

The enterprise is a tech company that has developed a technology I am very interested in and think could be very exciting especially from an investment point of view. High risk/high return sort of situation.

They are currently offering for investors to subscribe to buy shares before the public listing and I have received the email with the subscription application documents. The documents need to be completed and sent back with the funds for the amount of shares I wish to subscribe to buy. In return I will receive paper share certificates (this si what I understand from reading the documents anyway) AT the moment I am considering investing an initial amount of about 5k euro.

My question is: when I subscribe to buy shares in this manner is it French law that I need to use a broker in any way, for example to hold onto the share certificates??
Or are brokers only required when buying and selling shares on the stock markets?

I have a number of questions about buying these shares, including taxes and bank accounts. Who in France would be the best people to consult about these matters without having to pay too much considering the relatively small investment amount?

Any help gratefully appreciated

Paul

Re: Buying shares in Canada

par Amarantine » 06 mai 2016 13:25

A tous les andliliens:
Quelqu'un peut-il voir si le message de Paul est une présentation s-v-p?
Si oui, le remercier et je déplacerai on message dans le bon forum.
Si non, pouvez-vous lui demander de se pérsenter en lui donnant le lien du forum des présentations?
Merci d'avance pour votre aide.

par strawbale23 » 06 mai 2016 14:01

Bonjour,
en fait, c’est un mélange de une présentation et une question!

Je vais me présenté comme il faut dans le bon forum aussi.
merci de laisse cette question ici :)

Cordialement,
Paul

par Benoist Rousseau » 06 mai 2016 14:49

Il faut que le broker permettent d'acheter sur le marché canadien des actions. C'est ce que tu dois vérifier sinon tu ne pourras rien acheter

par strawbale23 » 06 mai 2016 15:05

Ok merci. Je vais téléphoner les avocats canadien qui s'occupe de le Subscription ce soir et posé quelques questions....

par Benoist Rousseau » 07 mai 2016 00:07

il faut passer par une banque canadienne si c'est une souscription... en tout cas en France souvent les souscriptions sont faites par les banques, au Canada je ne sais pas

par DarthTrader » 07 mai 2016 01:22

Hi Strawbale

doesn't matter that you speak french , English Korean or Chinese, prior to ask question on this forum you are advised to please present yourself first in the appropriate part of the forum presentation-des-membres.html and to read the rules of the forum pour-les-nouveaux-inscrits-t2724.html

if you work in france most likely you are french tax resident wich implies that if you open a account in canada or elsewhere to buy your share you ll need to declare them to french tax office so you better consult an expert compatble

i don t trade share anymore but i know that in france Bink allow to to trade Canadian market https://www.binck.fr/produits/les-bourses

whatever broker you use make sure he is regulated by a serious and recognized agreement i.e. not a regulated in Cyprus or other exotic country where you are sure to never see back your cash